The health and safety of our employees and members is a top priority. As cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) increase and spread throughout the country and the world, the team at Happy Valley Credit Union (HVCU) is actively monitoring the situation and following guidance from state and federal agencies including the Centers of Disease Control (CDC).
Currently all financial operations are continuing as normal, but we are encouraging members to take advantage of the alternate banking solutions described below including ATMS and drive-thru window services. We have taken the necessary precautions to keep our employees and customers safe and have a detailed plan to ensure we can deliver critical financial services in the event of prolonged escalation of the virus.
What can you do? It is important that we all do our part as responsible citizens to minimize or contain the spread of the virus. We are practicing these precautions and ask that our members be mindful of the same:
- If you are sick, please stay home. (We provide alternative banking solutions described below for your convenience that provide the ability to bank without visiting the branch.)
- Limit unnecessary travel and avoid travel to high-risk countries or areas.
- Sanitize common spaces on a frequent basis. (We have increased our cleaning practices in the branch.)
- Be vigilant and be on alert for phishing emails and scams. Criminals may use fear to perpetrate scams or send infected emails. Never open an e-mail attachment or click on a picture from someone you don’t know. For example, there have already been reports of emails appearing to be from the CDC or World Health Organization (WHO) with maps of countries with COVID-19 outbreaks. Be suspicious of such emails. If you want updated information regarding COVID-19, go to the CDC or WHO websites. (CDC.gov or WHO.int)
In light of the current events HVCU encourages members to take advantage of the alternate banking solutions available to help reduce the risk of coming into contact with the virus.
- Online & Mobile Banking
Access and manage your accounts safely and securely from anywhere
- View Balances
- Transfer funds
- Manage Debit Card(s) with Card Valet
- ATM Services
A Drive up ATM is located at the HVCU branch and allows the following services:
- Cash Withdrawals
- Balance Inquiry
- Visit our website www.hvcu-tn.com, “News and Resources” to see a list of free ATM locations throughout the Tri-Cities.
- The Drive-Up window is available at the HVCU Branch
- A drop-box is available for cash and check deposits at the HVCU Branch
- Our friendly employees are available during business hours (8am – 4:30pm, M-F) to answer your questions and assist you with your banking needs. Simply call 423-542-6078.
We will continue to monitor this evolving situation and are working hard to ensure we continue to deliver the financial services you need. In the event of a needed change to our operations we will update our website www.hvcu-tn.com
Tuesday, March 17, 2020